February 28, 2008


So much happened tonight that I seriously do not know where to begin. We jumped, we loaded in/out of the trailer, Scott rode her, I rode her, we trotted, we jarred, we loped, we went over the bridge and we bucked Dena off! Yes, that's right - off... spelled OFF. The good news is I crawled right back on her and we just kept going. Usually I don't make excuses, but she really didn't mean it???? Really! Hmmmmm

She has been really lazy so I put on the SPURS! Yikes.... I would have to guess that spurs are not in our future. She tolerated them for a long time, but then she decided to initiate me to the "Dirt Club". Yes, you all know what that is.... some of us will decide not to admit it, but what the heck, it's all part of the job when I am demanding more from a Wild Mustang than she is used to. Other than that, she did great!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Congrats Dena! She looks AWESOME under saddle!

Remington invited me to the dirt club a while back when I decided to ride him bareback with sweatpants. One little crow hop and I was on the ground. I did my best to make him think "I meant to do that" and started working him from the ground. I got back on and he was fine :-)

Keep it up, I can't wait to see more.

Dena Plendl said...

I am glad to hear that you are in the club too?.... not really, but really. I figured other people probably have joined the club, but just didn't want to admit it, so I figure why not just open that door? Ha ha

I really think Josie felt bad because she was looking at me like "what are you doing down there?".

Rebecca Bishop said...

I'm a member too. Last weekend, I was rinding in the indoor. Jill was working with her gelding. The cat was in, on, under, the wheelchair ramp. I was staying aware of where the cat was as I kept riding by the ramp. About 15 minutes later, we turned left toward the cat, cat jumped out, Sign spun right, I stayed left. I was <1 sec behind. As I was "dismounting", in mind mind I was thinking "that damn cat". Jill said it out loud as I was getting up. Sign was a little confused, but got over it pretty quick. I kept riding with a shorter rein and the cat kept "entertaining".

All of this afteor I was telling Jill 5 minutes earlier, "always expect the best but always be ready for the worst" :)

Tracey said...

Ouch! I'm not too fond of dirt, and I swear my body isn't spry enough to hop back on so easily anymore. Last thing I need to do is read about y'all hitting the dirt.

Sheesh...I ought to have never checked into this blog, lol!

Katee said...

I know that club well. The club where everybody knows what it feels like to literally eat dirt! Your mustang looks great.